:: How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ::

Anne Frank

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Two new friends

Okay, I am so homesick but I know now what just one more day in Cambodia is all about. Aimee and I met today with two current sex workers. One was Vietnamese and said she was 18 but looked not a day over 15 and the other one was Cambodian and 23. Their stories are so sad. The Vietnamese girl was sold to a wealthy Khmer man at 15 and spent a week with him at a hotel. She shared how she was so scared. The 23 yr old started at 15 because her mother is mentally crazy and she needed money and food. The 15 yr old has 8 siblings and she and her older sister were the ones sacrificed for the family. She gives her family money monthly for food.

Aimee asked them how many men they were with just last night - one said 8 and the other 10. The older girl shared how she shoots up heroin every night. Thearin was interepreting and her heart is so tender for these girls. She shared with them numbers of people who will help them when they are ready to leave. They both feel such loyalty to their families and how would they ever not work and send money back home. It was just the saddest situation and we spent an hour and a half in our hotel explaining to these girls that a mother and father should never sell their child for sex. This culture just is lost in a certain perspective. So we all are hugging these girls and tears are being shed but they are so fearful of not returning and what will happen to their families. I immediately went to Maries and poured my heart out. She assured that we did the right thing. We left them with 300 reil which is the price of phone call and two numbers of people that will help and intervene immediately. She said they really do need to think about and make the decision 100% on their own or it will not be successful. She said this is the most labor intense ministry and I know what she means. I wanted to just lay down and take a nap after that session in our room with these two beautiful young women who were allowing other people to define their life and destiny. I felt such demonic warfare of demons fighting to draw them back. I felt so sad when they left our room smiling and hugging us. I wanted more but I know that God is in control and they have to fight back and claim their own life I cannot do that for them.

Thearin and Theara are my new heroes. I cannot believe these two young girls in their early twenties and they have such a love for these sex workers. I see huge visions in their future of saving many souls out of the brothels of Cambodia.

I spent an amazing afternoon with Marie at Rescue. We just sat in her quiet living room and shared at the deepest levels the suffering of Cambodia. She reminded me once again that I am just to return and share the stories. She said her job is to empower her Cambodian staff and they will be the ones to change the heart of their people. I left feeling such clarity. I just am to share the stories and empower the nationals to love and embrace their country. I, as a foreigner, would just bring in my twisted western ideas and make a mess of things.

So, I have major fund raising to do to support all of these wonderful people in my life that God has blessed me with. Hats off to Bao, Marie, George, Albert, Thearin,Theara and the many others that are the true Barbarians on the front line fighting to save many lives from the enemy.

I am thankful for my trip and even though it has been hard and filled with very intense spiritual warfare, today I found clarity on the call of my life. Just tell the stories. Empower the amazing staff that God already has in place. Yes, that sounds like a plan to me. Thank you Lord for continuing to give me grace and endurance to carry on and fight this hard battle of injustice. These horrible acts of abuse and injustice against children need to stop. I can't bear the thought of while I was eating spring rolls tonight as my last night in PP, my new friends that I met in my hotel room were applying heavy make-up and preparing for a night to be spent having sex with at least five men which would be considered a slow night.

My prayer is that the angels will protect them until they can face their fears and say no more. I claim back my life that was stolen, TODAY.

5 comments:

annie said...

Reading your blog (referenced today by Mike) makes me want to help you tell this story. Also saw you on "Oprah" last winter, & it was so heart-wrenching, yet it helped so many of us feel empowered to DO something.

My son, who is 25, has a passion to make Mission documentaries. Currently lives in LA, but is moving to Dallas. He wants to go over all the world & document stories such as yours in a film setting.

Would you consider emailing him? patrick.cone@hotmail.com He has had the opportunity to film in Africa & Australia thus far. He & his wife love God & want to do Kingdom work.

We are friends with Mike, & he could vouch for Patrick. I'm only asking because you said in today's post that your job is to come back & tell the story. Of course I thought of Patrick, who wants to help tell stories in a visual way. I'm praying fervently about this. Thank you for your precious heart. Whether or not you would consider Patrick, I'd love to help with this mission. Sincerely, Andee Cone

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Pam,
I know that you don't know me personally, but I have left several comments on your blog. I, too, will vouch for Patrick Cone. I went to school at Harding with his mom and dad. They are great people and if he is anything like them, he will do a great job helping get your story out on film.

SG said...

Pam you rock! Keep going! Your are like a energizer bunny for God!

Guatorean Daddy said...

Pam,
I would like to host a fund raising event in STL with some of my friends to support TAL. When you are back in the states, we will contact you to see if you would be interested and to check your calendar for your availability.

You are an inspiration. Your work is in our prayers.

Safe travels,
Geri

randi_cg said...

Hi Pam,

This is Randi George... I am so amazed at what you do. You inspire me and so many others!!

Bless you for having the courage and strength to do something about the evils in this world :)

I too will live my life to help others and I thank you (and others like you) for showing us all that one person CAN make a difference!

I can't wait to talk to you when you get back! I have given a presentation and gotten an interview with the newspaper here... spreading the word and raising awareness in the name of our boys: Sakorah, Macho, Famous and Co.