:: How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ::

Anne Frank

Monday, June 2, 2008

The month of June


The month of June is such a mile marker for me and my family. It will be nine years June 16th since Randy and I lost our son Jantsen at the age of 15. I have such mixed emotions about THE DAY approaching and then passing. I dread it but then welcome it in such a weird twisted way. It is hard somedays to truly comprehend that I am surviving this life without him. I have been at the beach in Pensacola all week with my family. It is the one place that still holds the greatest memories of Jantsen and the time we spent down here as a family. This week has been bittersweet because we have been blessed by extended family joining us but there are also two big gapping holes in the posted picture. My nephew Dallas joined Jantsen this last fall at the young age of 28 from complications after a bone marrow transplant. So I post this picture of a family trying to stay pieced together only by the grace of God enduring another journey of grief missing Dallas. Maranatha

1 comment:

Cheryl Russell said...

Your family will be in our prayers. I continued to be inspired and encouraged by your story. You have turned your mourning into dancing with Touch A Life. God is Good, and He is using you all as a vessel of His Goodness! God Bless You!