:: How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ::

Anne Frank

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day at the beach

I have had a blast this week. You will not believe this story. Everyone from the Village of Hope went to the beach a few weeks ago. Ebenezer was taking a nap and got left behind. He woke up and there was no one there. He finally found a guard who took care of him. It just broke my heart.

Well, God is so good. Yesterday I asked if I could take only him to the beach since that horrible incident and they agreed. Crack me up, though, the houseparent said, "Please watch him closely and promise to not send him out to sea. Very dangerous water." I go and fetch him and then find out that Alex, the most recently rescued 12-year-old from the north, was in Cape Coast that day and had never been to the beach either, so we loaded him up, too.

All the cool college kids and I head to walk to the beach with the two boys beaming from ear to ear. Who should appear from under a tree and scare us to death, but Cashe the naked man. The story is his mother had a roadside stand and someone was stealing money. She went to a witch doctor to cast a spell on the thief and guess who has been crazy ever sense? I guess people give him clothes all the time, but he won't keep them on. He has a long beard and looks like a caveman. We are walking and then look back and he disappearred into think air.

So Ebenezer and Alex have all the college boys and girls to themselves with boogie boards and cokes at their demand. It was priceless. I know that will always be the best day of their lives. They both ate a whole chicken and steak kabob at lunch and had two Fantas with their food. I am in love with the college kids that were there I have never laughed so hard at one boy who reminded me so much of Jantsen. His name was Cole and I want him to marry Tatum.

1 comment:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

I love reading about your adventures at V o H. Hagar is a special little girl to me. She may remember my being there last Feb. with the clown.

We just returned from Pepperdine lectures where we saw Tommy Drinnen. I know they will miss him while he is gone. We also heard Mike speak and as always, he was wonderful.

May God continue to bless you richly!
Tammie Hacker