:: How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ::

Anne Frank

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Art/Music Camp

Where do I begin..........this is my fourth trip to Ghana in 18 mos and my love for the country and the kids continues to grow deeper with each trip. I will start out by posting the art/music pictures and share the stories of how much fun we had hanging out with the Village of Hope children all week. We had the most amazing group of volunteers that brought great attitudes and big hugs to the art camp. The children were blessed with choices of art, music, dance, and photography classes.

Below are pictures of Van and Tatum bonding with their new friends in Ghana. I have to tell you that adopted Asian children with white parents are not a common sight seen at Village of Hope. All the children had many questions about Van and Tatum being in Ma Pam's tummy. I don't think they have it figured out but all embraced one another and friendships were formed that will last a lifetime, I am sure.

Tatum with Sara and Hagar


Van with his new BFF Ishmael


Van also offered fencing lessons to anyone interested.

1 comment:

annie said...

Pam, I'm Patrick Cone's mom, & I can't thank you enough for asking him to document your work at Village of Hope. We've hardly talked to him since his return, but Jimmy (my husband) & I get to hear everything this weekend up in Fayetteville at the Razorback game, & I can hardly wait!!

I've already been warned by his precious wife, Lauren, that I better have a large box of Kleenex with me when he starts his stories. I know we'll weep and laugh, won't we? (There's A LOT of laughing with Patrick around, huh?!)

I saw you on Oprah, & I just fell in love with your precious heart, only dreaming that Patrick could SOMEDAY document a story like yours. I can't wait to meet you sometime----I met Randy one time when we were in Neosho visiting Kenneth & Anne with the Stevens, but you weren't around. Little did I know that we'd connect through this amazing journey of yours!! Love, Andee Cone