:: How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ::

Anne Frank

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Join me on Lake Volta...


While in Ghana this last week, I was able to break off from the art and music camp for a few days and go up north to see firsthand how the children are being trafficked out onto the lake, to talk at length with our rescue partners, and to see the progress of the new rehabilitation center that will be used for the kids that we rescue. Over the next couple of days I hope to take you on a journey. My prayer is that somehow I can convey to you a part of what I saw.

While there is a wide range of estimates about how many children there are actually on the lake, I can just tell you this - they are everywhere. At one point I looked around me and counted 25 canoes. As we went from boat to boat I realized that there were at least two trafficked children in each canoe. While that is just 50 children, you have to understand that Lake Volta is the largest man made lake in the world. The little section we could see represents less than 1% of the total of the whole lake. I feel the number could easily be in the thousands.

Please come back over the next few days and I will take you on a journey that the whole world needs to see.

- Randy

1 comment:

Larry James said...

God bless you and your work, Randy!