:: How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ::

Anne Frank

Friday, February 27, 2009

Ghana Trip.


On March 11, seven women will depart to Ghana to chart the progress Touch A Life is making in Africa. Pam Cope, Tara Seidman, Leah Cypert, Sheryl Gaskie, Dana Rector, Emily George and myself will fly out of New York into Ghana. We will have the opportunity to first stop at the Village of Hope Orphanage to check on the children in school there. From there, we will move up to the Lake Volta region. We will be able to observe the new buildings at the Village of Life, as well as connect with George Achibra, the director there. We will then move on to Tema to note the progress being made at the Touch A Life program in that city. 

I'm so excited to explore parts of Ghana that I've never seen. Out of our group, Pam is the only one who has been to all three locations so it's clear to me that so much learning is going to be accomplished while in Africa. My hope is that we can return to the States with a greater understanding of the needs of the children our organization serves.

Rachel

1 comment:

Beth said...

Have a safe journey. I will be praying for good health, safety, and God's blessings as you travel to serve the precious children of Ghana. I wish I could be with you ~ Love you!