:: How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ::

Anne Frank

Monday, February 12, 2007

New Life for Ghana Children


In October of 2006 the New York Times carried a feature article on seven children in Ghana who were sold into slavery by their impoverished parents. My husband, Randy, and I happened be in NYC the weekend that story came out and were deeply moved by the situation. After returning to Missouri, I began emailing and making calls to see if I could help. Through those many phone calls and emails a solution was found. All seven of these children are now safe and beginning a new life at the Village of Hope.



My daughter, Crista, and I recently made a trip to see these seven children at the Village of Hope in Ghana. During this visit we found that while these children were very wounded because of their days in slavery, they were very resilient and were already starting to laugh and play again.

I was pleased to see that the staff of Village of Hope is 100% committed to provide shelter, food, an education and most importantly love and concern, for not only these seven children, but all of the 100-plus kids that are at this wonderful facility.

You may visit Village of Hope at: http://www.thevillageofhope.com/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I found your blog on Mike's blog. I just wanted to say thank you for doing what you did. Your story has inspired so many people. I was at the Village of Hope last June and will be going back this coming May. I too am very touched by the work that is being done to help the children.

Touch A Life said...

Thank you, Joan!