:: How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ::

Anne Frank

Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Place to Share





It’s been such an amazing journey since the story of Mark Kwadwo (the child slave in Ghana) was in the New York Times. I have been encouraged to receive many emails proving that we live in a world filled with men and women who are willing to do their part to "save the world". Perhaps it will happen one child at a time, or ten children at a time. The point is that it must begin and we are a generation who must see that it does!

As I have read the countless emails from compassionate people, I clearly see a need for a networking where dreams and visions of like-minded “world-changers” can inspire and encourage each other to take steps--even if they seem to be baby-steps!

The purpose of this blog is to provide an interactive way to communicate as we share testimonies, ideas, hopes, visions and plans of how we (who are blessed) can help and/or rescue hurting and wounded souls within our reach. The truth is--we can reach all the way around the world--if we are willing.

To keep a watch on what Touch A Life Ministries is doing, please visit touchalifekids.org. The story of Mark will often be updated.

Perhaps some of you know that I was blessed to be a guest of the Oprah Winfrey Show last Friday. It is heartwarming to know that the message of my “story” is that ANYONE can do great and mighty things if they will only take a chance of being "inconvenienced". I am a perfect example of “anyone can do it”.

Thank you for all who have sent emails, made donations to Touch A Life, sent words of encouragement and/or(most of all) made commitments to do as I did: simply make moves to do something to save the children.




Pam Cope

1 comment:

Ronda P said...

Dear Pam,
I just hung up the phone with your sister Penny. I told her how much your appearence Oprah moved me.My family and I would like to help rescue a child and want to know how this would be possible.My children would love to "adopt " a child by being able to communicate w/ him or her and building a relationship, much like your family did. Do you knoe how we could do that.
Also I am thinking about starting an after school class for children to help other children around the world. We would raise funds to help rescue or just feed clothe and school these children. I also think having some kind of communication with those children would be fabulous for all of them . Sorry this was so long, my head is just spinning with ideas!!!Let me know if you can help us make these dreams become a reality. Thanks for the inspiration. Ronda