:: How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ::

Anne Frank

Thursday, January 17, 2008

"The Least of These"

I was hungry
and you formed a humanities club
and you discussed my hunger

Thank You

I was imprisoned
and you crept off quietly
to your chapel in the cellar
and prayed for my release.

I was naked
and in your mind
you debated the morality of my
appearance.

I was sick
and you knelt and thanked God
for your health.

I was homeless
and you preached to me
of the spiritual shelter of the
Love of God.

I was lonely
And you left me alone
To pray for me.

You seem so holy;
So close to God.
But I’m still very hungry
and lonely and cold

So where have your prayers gone?
What have they done?
What does it profit a man to page through his
book of prayers when the rest of the world is crying for help?

(Taken from the book titled "Simple Faith" by Charles Swindoll)

No comments: