:: How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ::

Anne Frank

Monday, September 29, 2008

Christian Family Services


Feb 5, 1988 meeting Crista Marie for the 1st time at CFS in St. Louis

Crista and I were invited to share at the fundraiser for Christian Family Services on friday night in St. Louis. Almost twenty-one years ago we adopted Crista through that agency. I opened by sharing the need we have for adoption agencies like CFS that operate with integrity and pure motives. I remember calling several agencies and getting lukewarm feelings about their programs. Immediately when I talked with the caseworker at CFS I knew I found the pathway for our family to grow through adoption.

Working on the speech for friday night stirred up some emotions that possibly have been buried for way too long. Processing all my emotions of gratitude that I feel for Crista's birthmother made me grow a new love for her. Crista's birthmother was a young, unmarried twenty-one year old girl who found herself unequipped to raise a child on her own. I thank this woman from the bottom of my heart for accepting the pain and ultimate sacrifice to do what was best for her daughter.

Crista came up to share after me and spoke from her heart. I was so proud of my daughter and I realize how far she and I have come to appreciate each other. I love her more everyday. Adoption is such a part of God's plan. I wish every child could have a forever family. I wish every orphaned chid could be embraced through adoption. My definition of World Peace is that no child lives on the streets or is dying a slow death through child slavery.

Can the church not start a movement to take in orphaned children? Every family has to take just one child. We will go around the world once and then if there are any children left we start over and everyone takes two. Until there are none. Sounds like GOD THING to me.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

What a precious photo of your family.

I pray that God continues to bless you and your family and the work that you are doing.