:: How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ::

Anne Frank

Friday, January 30, 2009

Ghana-Sick.

The Georges and the Copes. True lifesavers.

I'm feeling Ghana-sick today. I miss the country and the people so much. I am so anxious to get back there to be with the people who stole my heart. Pam and I are traveling to Ghana in March with two incredible women, Emily George and Tara Seidman, and I am so excited for them to be able to share in the joy of knowing the amazing people we work with there. 

The following are some photos I took when I was in Ghana with Pam in August 2008. We were at the Village of Hope Orphanage, serving at the Children's Art Village camp. The intent of the camp is to allow the children to express themselves creatively through art. I was able to observe that this type of activity was truly therapeutic for the kids. 

Rachel


No comments: