:: How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ::

Anne Frank

Monday, December 17, 2007

Okay, I goofed...

(POSTED BY BUD REED)

On the 12th I blogged some great news about the well and three rescues. Today the news is not all that great but it may reveal to you some of the frustrations which go along with our mission to rescue these slave children and provide a place for them to grow.

I phoned Albert this morning to check on the children and the progress of the drilling. He said that they were not able to find Maoli's master when they returned for him--so his rescue is delayed. He also said the drilling rig did not make it down from up north so drilling the well has been delayed again. He is confident that both will occur and he will call when progress is made.

You know, even the apsostle Paul had setbacks. He wrote a letter to some friends in Thessalonica in which he admitted that, as he put it...."we wanted to come to you - even I, Paul - but Satan hindered us." (I Thess 2:18). Well, we believe we're doing God's business in west Africa. If Satan could hinder Paul, I guess we shouldn't be surprised when he slows us down some. But that does not mean we are discouraged or giving in to the adversary who would like to keep these children enslaved.

Please join us in praying for Maoli's rescue, the well's completion, the soon completion of Golden Village Phase I, and that we find God's kids we still need to rescue. Thanks. Sorry I jumped the gun on the information I gave you the 12th.

No comments: