:: How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ::

Anne Frank

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Younger Generation "GETS IT"!!!

Soon after my return from Ghana, I traveled down to Arkansas to give an update on my trip to my daughter, Jeni, her husband, Jay and my grandkids, Josh and Jayni. We looked at all the hundreds of pictures showing the plight of the slave children as well as how they flourish at George and Anna's house and the Village of Hope. We talked about needing to build the cottages at Golden Village so we'd have room to feed, clothe, house, educate and introduce them to Jesus.

Jayni, who just turned 10 December 3, is in the 4th grade at Life Way Christian School in Benton County. She expressed a need to do something about these children. Having inherited and assimilated a certain amount of (shall we say?) assertiveness from her Mom, she insisted that she be allowed to speak with the Headmaster at her school about the situation. She was finally able to get his ear and presented some materials Touch A Life had prepared to communicate our needs to donors and potential donors.

The school administration did their due diligence on us and, being satisfied with Touch A Life's mission and track record, recommended us to the students and their parents.

I was proud of Jayni before and I'm absolutely "busting my buttons" now!

Thank you, Jayni.
Thank you, Life Way!
Thank You, Jesus!!!


Here's Jayni presenting Touch A Life with a check from Life Way for $600.00!

No comments: