:: How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ::

Anne Frank

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Three More Blessings!

(Today's is posted by Bud Reed)

There I was this morning, griping to God about how long it's taking to get the well dug so we can move on and finish Phase I of Golden Village. We see the importance of this moving along quickly so that we can rescue more children! I was also having a difficult time trying to reach George so that I could bug him about all this. Oh--and I was also griping about the lack of sunshine. Lastly, I guess I was feeling blue because I can't be in Ghana to help and probably would not be much help if I could; blah, blah, blah....

Then I finally reached Albert Mensah. He's our scout, negotiator, mentor and all around helpful volunteer whose "real job" is Bible translation with Wycliffe Bible Translators.

(above: Albert and Bud in Negotiations for Ormond's release)

I asked him about the well situation and he reported that the drillers had done the site work last week and will begin drilling Sunday, 12/16. Well, that was a sure enough Praise The Lord! BUT:

Then he says he has some more news. This very day he had rescued two more and was negotiating for a third. He feels sure he'll be able to deliver the three to Kete Krachi this day! WOW! HALLELUJAaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Adjua (12) and Sera (11), the two girls, will sleep in the main house and bunk in the same room with Regina. Maouli (10) will bunk in the boys' dorm with the remaining eight boys. That puts us at 12 at Golden Village and 11 a Village of Hope.

My prayer is that each of you can experience just a glimpse of the joy you bring to these children who have only known betrayal, exhaustion, fear, deprivation and dispair. Their deadened eyes just sparkle with hope as they begin to see how freedom, love and security feel.

(above photograph is Albert with Ormond on his "Rescue Day")

I realize we said we had suspended rescues because of space constraints. But George and Anna are willing to care for them so how can we say no?

No comments: