:: How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ::

Anne Frank

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ebenezer's Day

Yesterday was Ebenezer's day. He was very sad and I wanted to give him one on one time. He was very upset that George did not bring Israel and Teteh down to visit. George decided that is was too much because there is a group of twenty here. So it probably worked out okay because we have had major discussion between George, Fred, George Jr., Lucy, and Romana. Things are really growing here into a vision. We will all meet again today down at the beach for a late lunch to further discuss plans.

Anyway, it was just Ebenezer and I on the on the porch and I was scratching his back. It started pouring and everyone scattered. We were the only ones left there. We just sat and he recited his ABC's and then we started doing math drills. He is so smart. So he was beaming from ear to ear. Then I started asking questions about his other brothers that he had mentioned. He said he had an older brother that was still fishing. He said he also had many friends still out on the lake. He looked at me with real intensity and said............Ma Pam, you and Miss Aimee were the first white people I had ever seen. My Mother when I was fishing said we should not trust you. I said..........your mother at the fishing village, he said yes. When you came for Israel and Teteh, Ezekiel and I were going to beg you to take us. We were all going to run with you. Our mother told us if we all four left one of us would die. You were ghosts and evil people. He said we all four agreed we were not scared and we would run. I am about to scrape my heart off the porch at this point. I just keep asking over and over the questions and he keeps telling me very clearly counting four on his finger and saying, one will die, my mother says. we must hide when they come for you tomorrow.

I just held that child for two hours and prayed over him. We had a major breakthrough in our relationship. I am going to have George ask the whole story again because I want to get all the facts correct and make sure I am understanding him. He is very special. We talked about when his friend will come in July to live with him. He wanted to save a pair of soccer shoes for Israel and Teteh when they come. I had to tell him that I would bring more and that he needed to give the two pairs to the boys that were already living here. He was reluctant and not real happy but then he finally understood that I would bring more this summer. He loves them so much and was all smiles just talking about the kids from up north joining them in July. We kept counting on our fingers how many months until July. Wow, it was just an amazing time. He kept saying...............I thank you and Miss Aimee. He then ran in and brought out two picture of himself and Ezekiel and wanted me to give them to Miss Aimee. I told him to keep his picture and that I would give Miss Aimee pictures from my camera. He treasures those pictures and I knew he was giving up something very special to him.

These kids here are so great. Last night I went to the PrestonCrest house and they are all little girls ranging from four to 12 yrs. old. They were singing their devotional songs and raising the roof. Lucy and I were cracking up. Even the house mom Millicent was laughing at them because they were dancing and so expressive. They all had on their little dresses and earrings.

Well, today will be a great day of hashing out ideas and seeing what God is building here. Everyone is on board big time with John Bull and Stacy coming over. Fred, George and everyone here at V of H really liked them. Okay, the book needs to hit big. We need a vocational school up north and an unwed mother's home. So much to share when I get home.

3 comments:

Jo White McIver said...

Dear Pam,

So good to hear how the Lord is moving :> We are praying for you!!!! Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store!!!!

With Love,
Paul and Jo

Penny L said...

I miss you, Pam. I want to move to VoH TODAY.

Thanks for sharing. I'm thankful to get updates on the blog!!

Love you.

Kelli said...

Pam,
I had an e-mail with a 2 year old Chinese girl singing the Lord's Prayer today and I thought of you:)
I've missed hearing from you! Could you e-mail me so I can get you my current info?
We are all well, still living in Rogers. Rick has actually been activiated and is heading for Kosovo for the next year:( Tully and I are trying to figure things out without him!
Can't wait to hear from you!
Kelli